Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The Beach: A Love/Hate Relationship











We went to Corpus Christi this weekend; actually we stayed in a condo in Port Aransis. The girls had so much fun on the beach- digging in the sand, trying to make sand castles, destroying Daddy's sand castles, playing in the waves, collecting seashells, and just exploring another world. I love the beach too and had so much fun watching the girls faces when a wave would come and they would try to jump it. However, after the third day, I felt so grimmy. I have a love/hate relationship with the beach. The only time I felt clean was at bedtime, when I took a shower and washed all the sand and tar off me. Yes, I said, tar- it washed ashore the second day and everywhere you walked little pieces of tar would stick to you- gross. Luckily, Baby Oil gets it off pretty easily- who knew? We went out for dinner at night and tried some pretty amazing sea food dishes. The Tiger shrimp at Castaways is a top contender for my all time favorite meal. I also liked the Mahi Mahi at the port bar. Anything that you dip into buttersauce is good- even broccolli. We rode the ferry boat and the girls liked that too. However, on day two when we rented a two man kayac and went out into the bay with the girls, Bella lost it ten minutes into the trip and kept screaming, "I want to go home." Victoria, not as vocal, thank goodness, didn't much care for it either. Jer had a blast though and the next day he went out into the ocean with a kayak, while I watched the girls. On the last day, the waves were getting really big- shoulder length, due to Hurricane Gustav landing in New Orleans. Jer was bummed because we only had a very short time that day (we had to go home), but he got a buggie board and road some killer waves. I tried to take the girls out in the ocean and jump some waves that day, but the rip tide was so strong that I decided it was not a wise idea and we ended up collecting seashells while Daddy got to hang 10. (Like my lingo?- I've been at the beach too long.) Bella was aweful on the plane ride home- screamed bloody murder for 15 minutes because she wanted to hold her drink by herself and I wouldn't let her because I knew she would spill it. Finally she sneaked it from me when I said something to Jer and she spilled it. It was a great vacation, but I'm so glad to be home.

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Sounds like you guys had fun! We will be in Salt Lake for a week and would love to get together when we get back. lol

patti said...

what fun and good times...to think I was worried you wouldn't get good weather and have fun. :)

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow