Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School's Back From the Summer

Driving in the car, the first morning back.
I had just asked them, who wants to go to school? Raise your hand.


Note Bella's Monkey and Blankie.

Happy all around.

Bella was telling me about her day.

The girls started their first day of school today. I was a little apprehensive about Bella going- last night I asked her if she wanted to go to school like her sister and she said no. Yikes. It didn't make matters better when she fell down in the parking lot because she was holding Monkey and Blankie and didn't see the curb. So she had just finished a good cry when I took her into her classroom and introduced her to her teachers, Miss Blythe and Miss Pamela. Those are tough names for her to say. She calls them Miss Byte and Miss Paaapa. She stood there frozen and looking around- there was a screamer and all these new faces. Unfortunately, I had to go walk Victoria to her class which is 5 minutes away or we would be late. When I took Victoria to her classroom, she didn't want to go in. I had to coax her to sit in her seat and play with the playdough. Her teacher Miss Karin came over and tried to get her to stay in her seat, but she wanted to hide behind my leg. Finally, I decided to leave and viewed her from afar. Once Victoria's crutch was gone, she opened up more and I heard her telling the teacher that at home she cuts playdough with scissors. I went back to check on Bella and she was against the door still holding her lovies with another boy beside her in the same boat- shell shocked. I was a little worried, but left.

I came home and got soooo much accomplished. I took care of appointments and cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. I went through every bin and toy in our house and sorted it out- reorangized some, some to Goodwill, and some to be stored in a closet for rotation. After finding a dead scorpion in Victoria and Bella's room, I sprayed the entire house for bugs- nooking their room. I got on the internet and went to my momsite, did tons of emails, ordered photos of our vacation, and basically just played catch up.

At 2ish I drove up to the school and crossed my fingers. First stop- Victoria's classroom- she's upstairs in another building of the school. When Ientered, I saw that Victoria appeared to have just awoken from her nap- she was the last one sleeping- loves her sleep, just like mom. She ran over and gave me a huge hug. The teacher said she was shy for the first 30 minutes, then came full circle. She was very talkative and friendly. We went to go pick up Bella, and I had to laugh. She was on the floor dancing and singing to her teachers. She was shaking her head back and forth while almost doing a sommersault. She was holding a baby doll and walking around to her other classmates and just chillin'. I think she thought she owned the place. Aw, my two extremes! The teacher's told me that they were impressed that Bella knew her ABC's and colors. Afterward, I took them outside and took a picture of them from the side of the school. They were happy. I was happy. I'm going to love Wednesdays and Fridays.

2 comments:

amtracy05 said...

I'm glad they had fun and that you are going to have great Wednesdays and Fridays!

Jenni said...

Bella looks like a little porcelain doll in the one with the blankie.

In the picture by the tree, Victoria looks like a sweet little lady. No more baby girl. :o(

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow