Monday, July 7, 2014

Cindy's Liberty Race

On the 4th of July I ran an early morning race called the Liberty Race in the Colony with some neighborhood friends- Shannon, Dawn, Nicole, Julie, and Colleen. It was a 10 K- a little over 6 miles. It was beautiful outside when we started- 75 degrees with a light wind, although later it got hot fast. We ran around the lake and through neighborhoods with pretty houses. I ran the majority of it with one of my running partners Colleen. (The other one is Julie, however, she hadn't run in a while due to vacation and was taking it easy, so we ran ahead.) Then at mile 4, I took off-  I wanted to test myself. (We've been running intervals when we usually go running twice a week- 5 minutes run/2 minutes fast walk.) I decided to run the last two miles and only stopped when I needed to get my music playing. (Music SO helps me get going and stay going!) My only real complaint was that we ran two-thirds of the race on gravel and my feet began to hurt and small rocks got in my shoes. I was very impressed with my final results- 1 hour, 5 minutes, 23 seconds- my first real competitive time. And I came in 11th for my age group- yes :) I'm 40 this year :) A great way to start the 4th of July weekend!


No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow