Monday, January 31, 2011

Dolly's Birthday and Rock People

Victoria really wanted to have a birthday party for her Dolly Victoria (yes, she calls her doll Victoria too :) The day before, she wrote out invitations and passed them out to me, her sister, and about 3 different dolls. The next day Marlee came over and helped us celebrate by having parade in Dolly Victoria's honor. It was hysterical watching Victoria pull the float/wagon while Bella and Marlee waved and cheered.
Later that night, I put four candles on some Little Debbie chocolate Valentine hearts and we sang her Happy Birthday. I'm actually really excited that Victoria is taking so much of an interest in playing dolls, she usually prefers to draw or something else. Note: in this bottom picture, Victoria made a Birthday banner and hung it on the wall.


Who would have guessed that rocks would keep our kids busy for so long?


Yesterday, the girls made rock people and accessories for two hours- their idea completely. Victoria started by pleaded with me to get the ribbon and cloth that I had used for our snowman painting a while back, but I couldn't find it. I found stickers instead, and she came up with the rest. Then Bella wanted in on it. And as the family of rocks expanded, I determined they needed more of a home then our windowsill, so I gave them an old shoe box. They made carpeting and curtains out of Kleenex, and decorated it.


Yesterday was such a beautiful day, and I could finally enjoy it some by going outside. (I had a cold the last couple of days before that.) We let the girls ride bikes outside and did some yard work. We cleared 3 large fluffy, wheat-like bushes that where in our front yard and took them down to their nubs- hopefully they won't grow as big this year. We also racked leaves and tidied up. I think it turned out pretty good.


This weekend was also Caleb's birthday, unfortuately I could not go. It was a Lego themed party with a pinata. I heard the kids had a blast. Renae emailed me some pictures.

Happy 7th Birthday Caleb!!!

1 comment:

Colleen said...

OK, I have a good one for your girls: take a big stack of books (we used to use the encyclopedias) and stagger them slightly to make stairs. Do this on both sides so the top books made a stage. Yes, we used to dress our barbies and pretend they were Miss America! Also used to make doll furniture out of old boxes, tins (cough drops used to come in them) and Pap Pap's English Leather boxes. Gosh, I could make a whole house! I had Taylor over one day when she was about 4/5 and did this with her. She had a blast (used all my empty jewelry boxes).

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow