Saturday, January 17, 2009

Solo


So Jer went skiing for a week and I've been primary care giver. It's been interesting to say the least. I'm learning more about my girls everyday. Victoria has a crush on one of her school friends named Evan. We went to his birthday party this Thursday. She put her head on Evan's shoulder and proclaimed "I love you Evan." The next morning as I'm drinking coffee and watching the morning news, on comes a voice from the TV, "Up next, the weather with Evan." From the kitchen, I hear Victoria throw down her fork, (which she had been using to eat waffles,) run as fast as she could, and plop down in front of the TV only to say, "I want to watch Evan on TV." I had explain that it was a different Evan.

We've been keeping very busy with seeing friends and family. We went over to my to my friend Chris's on Friday night to have Movie Night. The girls had so been looking forward to this. They watched a Veggie tale Pirate Movie and ate popcorn and pizza. Bella was distracted after half an hour and Chris got her a 12 piece puzzle to do, (which she did with minimal help- she's very impressive with the spacial thing right now.)

We've also seen my parents and Jer's parents, aunts and uncles and cousins and little cousins, a couple of friends for a play date, and made a major trip to Target for some groceries. All in all a very busy week!

Funny Bella story- I put the girls to sleep at about 9:15 and came out on the computer to read my Dear Abby and take care of my emails and such. At about 10:30 I hear a strange noise and go to investigate. I enter the girl's rooms and look to see Victoria is sound asleep in her bed... but Bella... where is she?... on the floor I see I pattern of the Wizard of Oz yellow brick road starting from one corner of the room... I follow it to... the other corner... Bella with the Dorthy doll in hand saying "Momma play Wizard of Oz with me." After putting her to bed I chuckle to myself and think- they really do like the present we gave them- yeah!

Missing Jer immensely!

1 comment:

patti said...

can i just say I'm impressed you have time to blog while solo. plus you didn't mention the project you made for the girls ...what a mommy! so glad your my friend!

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow