Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


What a wonderful New Year's Eve I had! It started when Jer watched the kids while I went to the kitchen store and bought a ton of things that I have been needed and wanting, such as a spice rack, a toaster, small hangers to hang on drawers to hold my kitchen towels, a Teflon vegetable steamer that I can use in the microwave or the stove, a bacon crisper for the microwave (I hate greasy plates and Jer loves his bacon), salt and pepper shakers, a garlic shredder (this is too cute, so little), some pans that I can use in the toaster oven, wooden spoons, and the such. I am very excited to use all this stuff. When I came home I cleaned and organized all the drawers and cabinets in the kitchen. Then Carol and Dick had a labor intensive dinner with us. Taco Bell sure has good burritos, even the kids seem to love them. After that I took the kids to my friend Kristi's house for a family friendly New Year's Eve party without hubby. (Jer was still not feeling up to par. He's feeling a lot better after his cortisone shot and heavy antibiotics, but he's having some coughing fits when he starts talking.) Kristi had invited our Thursday playgroup and their families to celebrate the New Year with her and her family. Her older daughters and one of their friends were nice enough to watch the kids upstairs while the parents got to party it up downstairs. It was very nice, however Bella couldn't hold on past 10, so it was an early departure for us. After putting the girls to bed at home, I settled down on the cough with Jer and a glass of champagne. He was showing me that on our TV we can actually do karaoke with the On Demand feature. So I sang Like A Virgin (it has some hilarious "Oh, Oh, Oh..." parts- if you don't know the song), Draydel- I Made It Out of Clay (I actually rocked!), and Devil Went Down To Georgia (tough song) to Jer, then laid my head on his lap and fell asleep watching South Park. Jer woke me up at 12 and I clinked glasses with him- me with my champagne and him with his Theraflu. It was a good night!

My New Year's resolutions this year are to eat healthier. This includes making more salads. I just looked up on the web and found a site that makes it easy for you to make your own salad dressing- breaks it down to the basics. I also want to start cooking with more spices and learn how to use them- after all I did buy a spice rack. I need to lose this 5 pounds that I've gained in the last month. However, I think going back to the gym will help a ton (haven't gone in 2 plus weeks due to a horrible cold and family being in town withe tons of holiday commitments.) I'm also going to reread Dr. Phil's Weight Loss book; this has helped me in the past. (It's basically writing down what you eat and your exercise.) Well, I hear the Christmas decorations calling to be taken down, so... I hope everyone had an amazing 2008 and I'm looking forward to spending 2009 with you. Family and friends- I love you! God bless you!

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow