Tuesday, January 27, 2009

BUG!


It was a rough night last night. Bella woke up at 1am screaming "BUG!" at the top of her lungs. I jumped out of bed and met her in the doorway still screaming. She pointed to her bed and wouldn't move- Bug, Bug, Bug! I threw back the covers, tossed the stuffed animals on the floor, and checked under the pillow- nothing. She then pointed to a large object on the floor; I pick it up and explain that this is her monkey. She then grabs it and points to another dark object on the floor; I pick it up and explain that this is her doll. Its then that I realize that I let her read Miss Spider's Tea Party (with all of the bugs) before she went to bed. She runs out of the room. I hold her and try to rock her to sleep in the living room, but she keeps waking up and looking for bugs. I move to the spare bedroom and put her on the bed lying with me, thinking I'll get some sleep too- not. Finally after turning on all the lights in the room, rubbing her back, and singing, does she drift off at 4am. I do have to say she's also sick right now. She was throwing up on Sunday and then yesterday started to get the cold- runny nose, cough, slight fever; and I'm giving her cold medicine. Moral of the story- no more Miss Spider before bed and more TLC for Bella.

2 comments:

The Potts Family said...

Poor Bella!
We've been having some of our own sleepless nights next door. Braelyn has decided she prefers not to go to bed anymore. She is an insomniac and Momma is about to lose her mind.

Stephen said...

I had an episode just like that last week. Thought bugs were all over me too. I'm going to avoid reading Miss Spider tea party also. Thanks for the heads up!

Hope Bella feels better

PS don't let her watch "Arachniphobia". Way about bugs!!!

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow