Wednesday, September 2, 2009

1st Day of School


Well as it turned out, Victoria's fever broke on Sunday afternoon and she was feeling just fine that afternoon and on Monday too- her first day of school. She was so excited to go. She picked out a bright yellow rainbow shirt to wear and before we drove to school her and her sister were dancing in the driveway and singing "I'm a Little Tea Cup." Once we entered Mrs. Lewis's classroom, however, she didn't recognize anyone and hid under her pink blanket and clinged to my leg. I gave her a kiss and reassurance and did a fast goodbye and peeked from the window of the door, watching silently. To my surprise, as soon as her friends from last year- Jackson, Bryce, and Haylie, started to trickle in she would run up to them and give them a hug and become much more relaxed. She finely did what the teacher asked and started to draw in her journal with her favorite color pink. Mommy also breathed a sigh of relief.




Bella's first day of school was smooth sailing. She started on Wednesday (she only goes 2 days, whereas Victoria goes 3 days). Bella wanted to wear a pink shirt- I think she likes to copy her sister on the favorite color thing. BTW- Victoria got dressed completely on her own this morning, without me even helping her- I had no idea- she just disappeared from the breakfast table and when I asked, "Where's Victoria?" She came running out of her room in her own outfit saying, "I wanted to get dressed for school." She was wearing a pink flowered T shirt and soft purple skirt with a purple headband- pretty good job matching. We headed to school and dropped off Bella first at her classroom. Bella has been asking about school all summer, so I knew she would do fine. She walked in, gave her old friends a hug- Sophie and Charlie, and sat down and started work on a puzzle. It was as if she never left for the summer- funny. I dropped Victoria off next at her classroom- she ran in and got straight to work. And that's just what I did- I've been busy doing my last minute packing- ran to the store for umbrellas and ponchos for the Florida weather- downloaded the girl's first day pictures to the computer and blog- charged my camera's battery- and now I'll do some quick cleaning- and pack the car. We leave for Disney World after I pick up the girls from school. Yea!!!!!

1 comment:

Mother of three said...

have so much fun on your trip!!! we will miss you...say hi to mickey for us :)

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow