Thursday, September 17, 2009

Patti's Baby Shower




This past weekend, I helped throw a baby shower at my house to honor a little bundle of joy inside my dear friend Patti. This is her second child, another boy. She's still not sure of his name yet, so I helped by playing a "Name Patti's Child Game"- that was very fun. We came up with a bunch of G names for her, but I think we got vetoed by Patti's husband later that night. I decorated the house in a Duckie theme- including floating ducks in the punch bowl, a cake with a duck on it that said, "Lucky Duckie #2", and duck books. I had a great time coming up with the ideas- I miss teaching and being slightly creative like that. We had a wonderful time at the party and I can't wait to meet Baby G? I also baked a recipe that got rav reviews. My in laws make it all the time. (I'm not sure who came up with it or what it's really called.) Here it is.

Easy Brunch Favorite-
Prep time 10 minutes
Cooking Time 10-12 minutes

Ingredients-
1 package sausage (preferably maple, if they have it, otherwise I bought maple syrup and added 1/4 cup)
1 package cream cheese (I used 1/3 the fat/calories- do not use no fat- it doesn't melt as well)
1 package croissant rolls or if you can find it seamless dough (by the croissant rolls)

1. Preheat oven to 350.

2. In a no stick skillet (I made the mistake of using an old fashion pan, and, boy is it hard to clean up.) brown the sausage over medium high heat.

3. Add the cream cheese and stir until a mixture occurs. (I pre-softened it by placing the entire foil package of cheese in the preheating oven while I was cooking the sausage.)

4. (Optional.) Add about 1/4 cup maple syrup, if your not using maple sausage, and let it cook while stirring for 1 minute.

5. Put mixture aside off burning. Spray Pam on a large rectangular bake sheet. Unroll the dough to fit the pan, but a slightly smaller rectangle maybe by an inch or two- you can easily use the palm of your hand to press the dough out to where you want it. If you have croissant rolls, squish and push the seames together with your thumbs to form that giant rectangle.

6. Add the maple/sausage/cheese mixture to the middle center of the rectangle long ways (-for all you first grade teachers like a hot dog, not hamburger.) It should cover 1/3 of the center, with 1/3 on either side.

7. Pull the sides over the mixture and make them touch by laying one slightly over the other one and pinch the top and bottom so that the mixture is not coming out. Then cook at 350 for 10-12 minutes until creation is a golden slight brown color.

8. It's ready to eat.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow