Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween is in the air!

My kids have been going crazy. We've been doing Halloween related things this whole week. Jer thinks its the candy, but, truthfully, we haven't given them that much. I think it's just the air of Halloween- it's just so much fun! We went to Patti's house for our playgroup and dressed in our costumes. She had a scavenger hunt that the kids loved. They ran from one place to another in her backyard, learning clues, getting candy, and having a blast. Later, we had these neat Mummy hotdogs and put icing on Halloween cookies.

Victoria wanted to be a cat for Halloween this year. However, the weather didn't quite cooperate. It was 70 this day and her warm costume came off very fast.

I found a really cute bee costume for Bella. Once again, it was too warm.

Mommy was a hippie. The wig was even too hot for this weather. Peace out.

I love this picture. Her eyes and mouth are too precious.

So I went to Toys R Us to buy diapers on the night before Halloween and they had all their costumes 50 % off, so I bought "cooler" costumes for the girls. Bella was Abby Cadavey from Sesame Street and Victoria wore her Butterfly Fairy Princess costume from last year. I made her a make shift wand out of a plastic spoon and fabric after she saw Bella's wand and wanted one of her own. Jer even dressed up as my hippie man. He wanted so badly to put a Vote Obama sticker on his outfit- Ha.

This is the gang we went with- Kate, Abby, and Brealyn. What fun we had!

Bella figured out fast how to Trick or Treat. She was always first at every house walking to the next one as soon as she got her candy. She had so much candy that her container was hard to carry and I dumped some out into our wagon. I think a bunch of neighbors gave her extra because she's so little and was saying all the punch words- Trick or Treat, Thank You, and Happy Halloween.

They were so excited to be getting candy. They ran to every house and did that high pitch giggle when they dropped the candy into their buckets and bags.

Awe, friendship!

The loot!

1 comment:

The Potts Family said...

Such great pictures! I've got a couple I need to send your way.

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow