Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ding-a-derry

So I changed the title of my blog. I always meant to- A Day in the life of a SAHM (Stay at Home Mom) was pretty boring and some people didn't know what the initials stood for- oh yeah, we're all not SAHMs, but I couldn't figure out something else at the time.
Yesterday I went to the library with the girls and had a very refreshing slow stoll through the place. When you take it slower, they and I do so much better. Note to self: need to stop rushing and smell the flowers. We checked out 20 cool books and 2 neat movies (Piaret Muppet Movie and Madeline, the Movie) and the music for the Wizzard of Oz. I played it once I got into the car. It's amazing what a song can do to you, when you need it. I was instantly feeling destressed upon listening to Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
Today, after I dropped off the girls for school, I got into the car and the song If I Only Had a Brain was playing. I forgot how much I liked it. There was a lyric that I didn't quite get though- Life would be a Ding-a-derry? So I got home, after grocery shopping, and googled it. There's actually a bunch of speculation as to what it means- nonsense word, wonderland, "ring" of land, etc. I think it means something along the lines of a feel good place. And that's where I want to live. I have been so stressed lately with the kids having their "independence" phase (the tantrums, the No's, the "I do it my way!", the frustration when they can't get it, me always speaking and telling them how to or not to or... you get the picture) and also the holidays in general stress me. I need to remember to live in a Ding-a-derry world, to think more positively, to not put so much on my plate, and just enjoy. That's my challenge.

2 comments:

patti said...

oh...that's good stuff. Will you help me remember that too??

Jenni said...

I had that ding-a-derry part of the song stuck in my head all of last Fall after watching the Wizard of Oz. I had to Google it, too, just to be sure that that word is what I heard.

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow