Monday, May 26, 2014

Memorial Day Weekend

 What a fabulous Memorial Day weekend we have had! On Friday night we had our dear friends Chris and Chuck (their kids Nico and Marlee) and Shawna and Mark (and daughter Bentley) come over for a grill out. The kids played the night away in the back yard, jumping on the trampoline and just playing make believe, while the adults chatted about our lives- very relaxing, very nice. Before we knew it, it was 10:30 and our kids that usually go to bed at 8, where starting to show signs of needing to go to bed. :) I wish I would have gotten a picture or two, but I was having too much fun to take any.
On Saturday, we went over to Jay and Julie's house for another BBQ. Jay is master of grilling chicken and steak; he seriously has an art to it. So good!!!!
 Bella was in love with baby Grayson. This was his favorite place to sit when he was tired which was about 1 percent of the time. The girls wore their bathing suits as Braelyn bought a Slip and Slide with her money earlier that day. We let the kids go on it after super. They played in their bathing suits on the swing set until then.

 Victoria was the first to wipe out, but Jeremy, yes Jeremy, had his fair share :)
 I found this rock circle in our back yard and asked Victoria what it was. She said it was a rock garden for the Little People. She had painted some of the rocks and tried to make a road structure so they could "enjoy the park." She reminds me so much of me at this age. Love it!
 The next day after church we met Carol and Dick for brunch at their place. Carol made Victoria's favorite cinnamon bread with extra icing.
 AND they got chocolate ice cream that they had to eat on the patio, which made sense since Bella's broke in half and almost fell to the ground, had not a watchful Cindy scooped it up in her hands.
 On Memorial day Monday we went to the last day of the Scarborough Fair. I had been there in college, but it has gotten a lot bigger and the costumes much more fancy and in some cases reveling. The first thing we did was ride an elephant- I had never done that before. Basically it's like riding a horse, but a lot smoother and slower.
 Bella found a Maid Marian hat that looked adorable on her.
 The clan posed in front of a dragon that looked really neat, but the photo doesn't do it justice.
 We saw some jousting.
 Our shoes were caked of mud since it had been raining all morning and night; luckily it stopped during our visit- I'd like to think my fluorescent pink umbrella that I toted around the whole time warded the rain off.
 All of the carnival rides were hand operated. The girls enjoyed a ride were they spin your cart, then spin all the carts by hand. Bella waves like a true princess.
 This was the primary reason for going (how Jer lured us to the Fair)- the turkey leg!!! It was amazing! Easily Victoria and I's favorite food.
 Brave Bella climbed the rock wall by herself 3 times (although with the harder ones she didn't make it all the way up.). She knows no fear! And her courage is one of her best attributes.

 We went to the restaurant 3 Stacks afterward to eat supper. I would recommend the food, but the waitress wasn't as good. However, it was a wonderful weekend and I am so blessed to live where I do. I know I owe a great deal of gratitude to the men and women who fought and died so I might enjoy it. Thank you!!! Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow