Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Spring Break Part 2

We traveled to Winter Park Colorado for 2 days of skiing during Spring Break. We got there late at night, but that didn't stop Bella from jumping from bed to bed. "Who me?" The next day we spent what felt like an eternity making sure everyone had the proper clothes and equipment. Now I remember why I dislike skiing so much, besides the cold. It wore on the girls and me, check out their "I'm sick of this" poses.
We had a great day skiing. Jer and I skied greens the entire time together, while the kids went to ski school and learned to ski again. (This was there 3rd time.) It was what Jer called a Blue Bird Day- meaning the weather was sunny and ski conditions perfect. We all crashed early that night after super.
Josh and Renae drove over from Colorado Springs to come ski with us the next day. The kids were so excited!
 
Unfortunately a storm had blown in that night and the wind and snow really picked up. Skiing was still doable, but just a lot colder and harder.
All the kids had a group 3 hour lesson with a teacher. While waiting for their class they played hand games. 
 Josh, Renae, Jer and I skied together on greens and blues. This was my first time sking blues where I felt confident. The weather made it difficult and several times we had to poll it (use our hands and polls to build speed) to another location. After the kids class, we had lunch at a crepe place. Later we ate dessert there- amazing Nutella and apple crepes.
 I tried to get pictures of the kids skiing with my cell phone, but they were fast! And it was so cold! Especially with my hands out of the gloves to take the pictures. Here's one of Bella.
 We had a wonderful time skiing!
And a wonderful time with our cousins and family!
 
 As soon as the kids got in the car, they were out.
 There was an excellent pizza place one hour from the ski resort and on the way to the airport. The kids played while the adults talked. Such fun!
 Back at home the next day, Victoria shows me how to eat asparagus.
 The next day at school was St. Patrick's Day. The kids wore their green. The neighborhood kids came over to jump on the trampoline and goof off.


No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow