Monday, March 25, 2013

V & B Wed, Hillbilly Smile & Monet Painting Party

One of their favorite things to do is play Wedding. Bella usually wins on who gets to be the bride. During Spring Break they wanted me to facilitate their marriage ceremony. Victoria is holding up a yellow pipe cleaner that she made into a ring.
Playing priest/photographer was fun, especially when you got to see these two precious faces.
Victoria finally lost her top front tooth. (Bella who is a year and a half younger has lost both of hers.)  She lost it in school and I didn't notice until half way home from after school car pickup... and when I did I had to do a double take. What a different face she has now! We went to gymnastics afterward and she was so proud of herself and showing everyone. She even showed Coach Bethany who said if she wanted to she could go buy a new tooth at Walmart for the one she had lost (in joking.) And Victoria's quick reply was "no thanks; I'll just grow my own."
Although I don't think this face will look like this for very long. She can already move her other top tooth clear across her mouth using her tongue. Grandma Carol told Victoria that she would give her $5 if she let her pull it. Victoria would have none of that. (Truth be said, I think she really likes the attention of having a hillbilly smile.)
On Saturday night I taught some of my Zumba friends how to paint in Monet's Water Lillies style. I taught them how to Tache (French word for touch, basically using a flat edge brush, just as the Impressionists did- since it was invented then, touch the canvas in your style brushstrokes.) 
My caring friend Reva had delicate and precise small stokes.
My sweat friend Sarah had almost blended and intricate brushstrokes.
My adventurous friend Denise had bold and colorful brushstrokes.
I love how their pieces turned out! (one of the best feelings as a teacher.) 
 Highlights from the night included listening to Denise's music of Narnia, Reva's delicious spicy meatballs, drinking wine and gabbing with a great bunch of gals.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow