Tuesday, March 12, 2013

South Padre

 Jer had a meeting in Harlingen (a hour away from South Padre) on that Monday, so we went to South Padre for Spring Break. The weather was beautiful- in the 70s and sunny. There was a lot of wind though and the ocean temperature was a little too cold for my taste. We enjoyed running on the beach and playing in the waves.
Victoria liked doing cartwheels in the waves.
We collected seashells every morning. Victoria pretended to be a mermaid with long seaweed for hair.
We also stayed at the Hotel Schlitterbahn.
Where are you? Victoria and Bella show where they are with their Barbie dolls on the map.
Although they enjoyed playing in the ocean, with the wind blowing it got cold fast. I think they're favorite place to play was the "Hot Water Pool." The hotel also had a small water park with an indoor and outdoor Wave Pool and Lazy River and water slides. However, the Hot Pool was a constant 85 degrees and felt great to swim in after the cool water of the beach.
A "thumbs up" experience.
tuckered out
building sand castles on the beach
Jer bought a Skim board and tried his hand at it. I didn't think it looked too difficult so I tried too. On my very first attempt, I fell hard on my butt and stayed down for about two minutes. It really knocked the wind out of me and left me for the rest of the vacation with a swagger to my walk.
Every morning we ate at the resorts restaurant that overlooked the ocean. After breakfast, we watched the girls play on the boardwalk in the sand, while we sipped coffee.
And where do you hide your seashells?

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow