Monday, December 10, 2012

Nativity Drawings and Christmas Lights

The Knights of Columbus at our church held a poster contest about the true meaning of Christmas. I asked Victoria what she would like to do and she said she wanted to do a drawing of our Nativity scene. This is my old Nativity set from when I was a kid. She drew it completely on her own and colored it with pencils and crayons. Then with fancy letters wrote: To us a child is born. Merry Christmas!
Bella of coarse also wanted to draw the nativity scene, but she chose to use crayon and watercolor.Not bragging, but I love their pictures!
One day after school, I caught the girls reading to each other in front of the fireplace. I had to snap a picture because lately it seems like there's been a lot of arguing and it's nice to remember these sisterly moments.
On Friday our dear friends Jay, Julie, Braelyn, and soon to be Grayson, came over for our yearly tradition of dinner and Christmas lights. We ate some spaghetti, loaded the kids in the van (in their PJs complete with hot chocolate sippy cups), and toured the area for Christmas lights. In the Frisco town square they have an amazing light display set to music.
On Saturday I went to help out with the neighborhood toy drive. Later the girls came by and we got our picture with Santa on a neat ornament. The weather was amazing so we took off to go camping. See my next post.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow