Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cookies

One of our Advent calendar activities was to make Christmas cookies. I love making Christmas cookies, but am glad Jer takes the reigns and gets things going. He called his mom and got the old recipe that his Grandmother Max use to use. We do this every year, as we are really bad about remembering where we put last year's recipe. (Carol get use to this :)
Victoria was able to break the eggs this year all by herself and took a little control about how to make the cookies just right. "You have to stir them like this!" she explains to her sister. 
While the cookies were in the over, the girls changed into their pajamas. We set up icing stations. Once they were ready, I talked about my memory of my Grandmother making tons of Christmas cookies- she made them for an army- if you think about the nine kids she had and all their families. I have a picture that I showed them of her and her cookies (thanks Aunt Colleen.)
Let the icing begin.
I think my favorite part was watching them lick their fingers.
Victoria was so meticulous about the placement and colors of her sprinkles and icing. Her final cookie rocked!
Bella stopped icing after one cookie to reap her rewards- note the blue icing on her face. Then it was on to cookie number two.
They both slowed down to take a break.
The girls finished after about 3 or 4 cookies, then it was off to bed, while Jer and I finished the rest of the cookies.
We found our elves Shirley and Curly enjoying our cookies the next morning- note the blue icing on Curly's face.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow