Monday, December 10, 2012

Camping in December- Why I Love Texas!

With gorgeous weather in the 70s we decided to go camping in December. The only problem was finding a campsite that allowed fires- the majority of parks are under burn bans. We chose Lake Tawakini, about an hour and a half East of Dallas.
Bella finds her walking stick.
I love going on a nature walk and seeing all the Fall colors.
The lake level was way down because of the summer drought. The girls took their shoes off and wrote their names in the mud with a stick. Then we played Frisbee on the giant bank of the lake.
Why you don't play Frisbee next to a lake.
How to carry a muddy Frisbee.
Bella finally found a tree to climb- she was looking everywhere and growing disappointed until this. She quickly came down once she heard the word Smores.
The girls told me that they wanted to teach me some new dance moves. I have never laughed so hard!
We woke up at the crack of dawn and the girls climbed some more trees.
We had a really great time, but honestly it was a whole lot of work, for a very short time. That mixed in with the grimy feeling and lack of sleep (from a raccoon waking me up outside) really makes me appreciate my life. As soon as we got home; everyone showered and took a nap. I think I'm good for camping... until next December.
 
By the way, this morning I woke up and it had snowed half an inch outside. This is why I love Texas- the best of both worlds.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow