Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Victoria Day

Victoria and I celebrated a Mommy/Daughter Day today before she starts Kindergarten next week. I'm happy and sad about it- I know she's going to like it and do fine, but time has gone by so fast. I remember holding her in my arms right after coming home from the hospital and singing to her beautiful baby face the Enya song Wild Child. We would sway and I would bounce her up in the air to the beats. I miss that. So today I took just Victoria out on a date. I asked her what she wanted to do on the date. Her response was "pick flowers and splash in puddles." We never found a field of wild flowers, but we did find some puddles.


We went to the Allen Outlet Mall to do some shopping and we rode a couple of their kiddie vehicles- trolley, fire engine, & race car.

We did some school shopping and Victoria picked out a purple outfit for the first day of school.
Afterward we ate lunch at the food court. We had pizza. Victoria wanted a Cinnabun for desert- yum.
I painted her fingernails a sparkly purple to go with her outfit- fun!
We went to a ceramic painting place. Victoria loved it- she kept asking to come back tomorrow :) She painted a cupcake and a little red haired girl. I painted a princess plaque for her wall with her name on it. It took longer painting mine, so I let her paint another lady figure.

She drew the face on with pencil all by herself. I traced her lines with black paint.

What a great day! I love her so much and am going to miss her so much when she starts school.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow