Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bandelier National Park

We traveled to Bandelier to see the Indian ruins with my dad.

The Indians built their houses out of the soft rock in the cliffs.
Victoria and Bella enjoyed going into each and every house.


During the hike Bella fell down and skinned her knee. Victoria picked a flower and put it in Bella's hair- all better.

We took another hike to some steeper cliff houses. There were seven ladders all different sizes (some 30 feet long) that led up to the top house. Jer took Victoria first. I started to take Bella, but after the second ladder that tilted diagonally and Bella started to go faster then I could go, I chickened out and came back down with her. (I don't think I could catch her if she fell.) She screamed and cried all the way down- "I want to go up too!" So at the bottom, I took her to the creek to put her feet in the water, while we waited for Daddy and Victoria. We actually could see them through the trees of the creek bed coming down the ladders. (By the way, that is the second ladder.)


On the way home, we drove the back side of the mountains/volcano and saw the crater. It's all a lush green from the grass.

We also pulled the car off the side of the road and saw the Soda Falls, where Victoria and Bella did some more climbing.


No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow