Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Ice Cave

We traveled to the Ice Cave and surrounding mountains with Paul and Lauren in New Mexico. There had been a volcanic explosion in the past and evidence was everywhere- canyons formed by lava, walking on pumice, and volcanic sink holes.





Victoria helps Bella on the walk.

To get to the cave you had to walk down lots of steps. The cave was made up of algae frozen water and stalagmites- very cold and interesting.

Paul took us to this scenic overlook on top of some cliffs that were 200 plus feet off of the ground.
On top were small pools of water with baby tadpoles.


Jer took Victoria to where Paul was sitting on the edge of a cliff. My heart was in my throat the entire time.

I wouldn't let Bella near the edge, so she just danced on the little rocks by the car.


When Jer and Victoria came back, Jer wanted to go do some more climbing, but I told Victoria she needed to stay with me by the car for that type of high climbing. She wasn't too happy.


My brother and me pose by a rock formation.


Thanks Paul and Lauren for showing us a great time!

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow