Friday, March 5, 2010

My Paintings

Just felt I needed to document my paintings that I've done in the last couple of years. The picture above is my rendition of an the grape fields of Italy. It was so much fun to create and paint- I really liked the layering of colorful paint in the fields and sky. The bottom painting is an inspirational piece after a visit to Tuscany. (There was a marble lion on the side of one of there churches.) I used gold foil paint to highlight, after I painted it with oils.



This fun piece is one that I painted for my bedroom to match my bedspread. I loved the flow of the object- reminded me of a heavenly leaf. My desire to paint has been put on the back burner for a while now that I've had my kids and my busy schedule. I still get the urge to create a masterpiece every couple of months- hence the guest bedroom closet that is full of half finished pieces. But I find other ways to express my creativity- my favorite being this blog- quick and easy. I also love teaching my little Picasso's Victoria and Bella about the love of art. Here's their bedroom wall. My favorite piece I taught them was the sunflower one- we picked sunflowers, I taught them how to draw them with black crayon, and then we painted them. I also showed them Van Gogh's paintings of sunflowers too. They had a great time and so did I.





No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow