Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Gray Hairs

Bella is gonna be the death of me. This child is soooooo independent and stubborn, not to mention she has an energizer battery switched to the permanently on switch. I can not count the number of times she has been in time out this week. Yesterday alone, she sat on the TO bench 11 times for pulling her sister's hair, throwing food, and completely misbehaving. Twice I gave her a spanking, once for putting scissors in her mouth, and the other time chewing on a stapler with staples in her mouth! (My friend Chris asked if she was practicing for joining the circus to chew on nails.) I've tried time outs, taking away her toys, taking away TV watching priveledges, rewarding her with stickers and the such, and just plain ignoring her bad behaviors. Nothing has been working successfully. Oh, not to mention she got in trouble with the ballet teacher twice for goofing off by playing with to her neighbor and kicking her paper spot on the floor (to send it flying to the front of the class right in front of the teacher.) Oh Bella! And to top it off, she has been the most clingy kid ever- not wanting to go to school or eat or take a bath or go to bed without me. I remember Victoria going through something like this, but never to this extent. I know this is a phase; I pray this is a phase, but I can not wait for it to be over. BTW she does crack me up super hard! Yesterday morning, as I was checking my emails, a little head pops up through my typing hands and says, "Hello Mom!" She was wearing my circa 1980 glasses from High School- the big rim red ones- only for the "cool" kids. (Jer found them in my old car as my backup glasses and brought them inside and left them on the counter. ) I dyed laughing. She is just so precious... and exhausting.



1 comment:

Mother of three said...

YOu could use her independence to your advantage. Teach her how to clean and pay her for it.....

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow