Sunday, February 7, 2010

Best Date Ever!



On Saturday, Jeremy took Victoria to Frisco's Daddy-Daughter Dance, and I took Bella to go see a high school production of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. The girls had so much fun getting ready. We took a shower (something new for them), put on fancy smelling lotion, blow dried our hair, put make-up on (natural colored lipstick, blush, and eye shadow), and painted our fingernails in a pretty pink. We put on our gorgeous dresses, posed for some pictures, then went out as a family to eat an early dinner at Buca de Beppo. Afterward, Jer gave Victoria a corsage with small red roses and whisked her off in her chariot (minivan) to go meet Kate (her best friend) and Dan at the dance. I'm told they had a great time. They ate cookies and danced the entire time with the theme of Alice in Wonderland in the background. Victoria said her favorite song was Hippie, Hippie, Shake. Before I took Bella to the musical, we stopped at the gas station to buy her favorite treat- chocolate M&Ms. The play was amazing! I was blown away by these high school kids and what they could accomplish- it was 10 times better than our high school plays when I was a kid- great costumes, choreography, and singing. It was long though. Bella fell asleep in my arms 50 minutes into it. After a half an hour of sleeping, they had intermission. I asked Bella if she wanted to go home and sleep, or if she wanted to go the restroom, eat M&Ms, and watch the rest of the show. Bella said, "I want to see Beauty and the Beast!" I bought a light up rose for her during intermission. Toward the end of the show, when the Beast dies, the audience turns on our roses and gives him some magic to wake him up as a Prince. Bella had the time of her life with swinging the lighted rose around to produce the magic. After the show, she asked, "Can we watch this again, Mom?" I know she had a great time, as did I. We came home about 10:30 and went to bed. A great date!







Victoria loves her best friend Kate.

1 comment:

patti said...

How precious!!! seriously, what great memories for everyone. I love the pic of the girls showing off their pretty dresses and make up. what fun!!

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow