Sunday, June 7, 2009

Lake Roy Roberts



We went to Lake Roy Roberts this weekend to camp. It's about a thirty-five minute drive for us- nice, with two kids. We set up our tent at a great site right up on the lake. Then we went down to the beach and let the girls do some swimming. I was very impressed with them. Lately, they have been slightly scared of the water, not this time though. They laughed and played and ran and swam in the water for almost 2 hours. Victoria had a smile glued on her face the entire time and Bella kept dancing in the water. Then we built a sand castle and the girls helped pour water for the mote. Later that night, we did the classic hot dog supper followed by Sm ores. The highlight of the trip was when I went to the restroom with the girls and came back to find a flower and beer in my chair. When I explained to the girls that Daddy had left them for me, they're reply was, "Where's my flower?" I laughed. Daddy did give each of them flowers too then. It was a lovely time with perfect weather (high of 90, low of 69). An air mattress this time, made all the difference in a good night's sleep. I do wish, however, that I had worn more mosquito repellent. Looking forward to going again. See slide show above this blog for more picture highlights.

1 comment:

patti said...

what fun! next time we want to go...i've been craving smores!!

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow