Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter

On Saturday, we went to Coppell to visit my parents. We played in their backyard. Victoria climbed a tree and didn't want to come down. We colored and dyed hard boiled eggs. We ate ham, potatoes, asparagus, and rolls. For dessert Victoria helped me pick out a great carrot cake from Walmart. It was quite nice and relaxing, however, coming home I didn't feel so good. I actually went to bed at 9:30 with a killer headache. I work up at 1 in the morning and remembered that I needed to make sure the Easter bunny was going to come the next morning. I stayed up until 3 cleaning and getting everything ready. (What is with the packaging of toys these days?- it took me 20 minutes to get a Polly Pocket out of its box- no lie.) The girls woke up around 6:30 and I went to bed shortly after seeing them get their Easter baskets. Thanks Jer. When I woke up, I started to get dressed when- blam- I sprained my neck- kind of painful. Then we went over to Grandma Carol and Grandpa Dick's house for their Easter lunch. Jer kept laughing at me, because I couldn't move my head and he kept making refrences to the movie 16 Candles- where Joan Cussack is in a neck brace thing because of her braces. Once again we ate ham, potatoes, asparagus, and rolls. :) Renae made this awesome dessert called dirt. It has brownies, chocolate pudding, whipcream, and heath bar in it. Yum! The kids then had an Easter egg hunt inside (it was too cold outside.) Both Victoria and Bella had a blast. I'll hopefully get to publish some photos soon- my camera broke, but Carol took a couple and will email me some soon.

2 comments:

amtracy05 said...

We had the same Easter meal :)

patti said...

Ah...we were to lazy for the three of us to cook an easter meal. So how's your neck? that's crazy.

I love the family pic...especially the pigtails!!

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow