Friday, April 22, 2011

Victoria's Date Night

My daughter Victoria cracks me up- little miss diva lounging in the sun with a hat over her head.
I got to spend some one on one time with Victoria the other night. We talked about her upcoming birthday party and made invitations. She cut out the typed logos with groovy scissors and neatly and artistically wrote her friends names on the invitions. Then we added butterflys (hot glued)and flower stickers.

Then we went out to her favorite Chinese food place Lotus for Wonton soup and Honey Seared Chicken. We talked about school and her favorite things to do. There was a little boy there about Victoria's age that was playing with a rolled up piece of paper as a sword. Victoroia was laughing hysterically and asking him questions about Ninja Warrior, her favorite show right now. We went to Hobby Lobby next to get some stickers for her invitations. As we were waiting in line, I saw Victoria eyeing the candy bars. I told her since this was a special night she could choose one for her dessert. (I've never bought her a whole candy bar before and she was thrilled to death.) She offered me a bite, and I told her, "No thank you. I gave up chocolate for Lent." She replied, "That's okay Mom. I can still eat it, since I gave up brocolli for lent." I cracked up. Oh, how I love her!

The next day, Victoria gave me a "present"- this drawing, a picture of me- Queen Mommy :)


No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow