Monday, April 4, 2011

Lots a Happening

When you have kids, weekends and weekdays just sort of melt together and warp speeds happen instantaniously. Sometimes you've just got to remember to take a breath (and take a picture, so you can remember what happened.)

We had a second visit to Six Flags a couple of weekends ago. This time I got to go with Victoria on some rollercoasters. She took me on the Judge Roy Scream (after going with Daddy again.) That was the most rickety rollercoaster I have been on in a long time. I can't believe she likes it as much as she does. I also got to take Victoria on the Mine Train- a favorite of mine that I remember as a child going on with my Dad. Later, we ended with the carasol, after determining it was getting too hot, and we needed to make an Icee run. Victoria and her class put on a musical performance during Friday Morning Live (their school's weekly announcements and assemblely.) They sang an Eddie Cooker song about driving a bus. They did a great job!


On Friday night, Carroll Elemsentary school had a Family Fun Night. I helped set up for it all day Friday and Jer worked the jump slide that night. Victoria met her classmate Wyatt there and they ran around all night together, along with Campbell, Bentley, and Isabella later.

Marlee's birthday party was on Saturday. The girls enjoyed riding a horse, getting their face painted, pony rides, cake and ice cream, and wishing Marlee a Happy Birthday! Later, we went to Grandma Carol and Grandpa Dick's for supper and to play with the cousins. I got to cut Jer's hair (in the presence of Carol's expertise.)



On Sunday, we went to see my parents in Coppell. We went to two parks (a Lewisville one and Duck Pond Park) and had Icees and McDonald's sundaes. Another great, fast-paced weekend!



Oh yeah, I got to ride a horse at Marlee's party too! My first horse ride! Fun!

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow