Monday, December 6, 2010

Advent Calendar Activities

I made this advent calendar 2 years ago and use it every Christmas. Usually I put candies in the day pockets, but this year I'm trying something new. My sister-in-law Renae does an activity for each day, so that's what I'm attempting. (Kudos for the suggestion Renae.) Hopefully, we'll remember and stick with it. And hopefully, I can find the time. Though- so far, so good.
One day we made a Christmas craft. Each girl made a snowman. Jer helped Victoria with her snowman (the red haired one wearing the red skirt with jingle bells) and I helped Bella with hers (the pink haired one with red scarf and hat.) I made the middle one and we assembled them on a blue canvas that's hanging in my den.

On another day we wrote letters to Santa telling him what we wanted. I had them write it in pencil and I traced it with black marker. They cut the pictures out. Yes, I was standing right beside them as they did this (see "No More Scissors" post to understand why.)
Like I said so far, so good. Here's a complete list of the activities (in no particular order), if anyone wants it or if I need it for next year.

Decorate an ornament for our tree.

Camp in the living room by the fire.

Pick out a teacher’s gift.

Make a Christmas chain.

Watch the movie Christmas Story as a family.

Play game Creationary as a family.

Play a board game as a family.

Watch the movie Elf as a family.

Read The Night Before Christmas together.

Make Christmas cookies.

Deliver Christmas cookies.

Make a Gingerbread house.

Go see the Christmas lights.

Make cinnamon rolls for Daddy.

Make Christmas cards for Grandparents.

Write a letter to Santa.

Light an Advent candle.

Light an Advent candle.

Light an Advent candle.

Light an Advent candle.

Bella chooses a restaurant to eat at.

Victoria chooses a restaurant to eat at.

Wrap stocking stuffers for the cousins.

Leave out cookies for Santa and Rudolph.

Create a “family snowman painting.”

It’s Christmas! Let’s celebrate Christ’s birthday and sing him Happy Birthday.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the snowman portrait!! That is great :) Y'all look so great, and I miss you bunches and bunches!!!!

Merry Christmas

Jolyn

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow