Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Little Miss Independant

Bella is going through that phase right now that is equivalent to nails on a chalkboard. She wants to be so independent, but at the same time, so clingy (and unfortunately whinny- and boy, is she good at it!) She is the Ying and the Yang. Last night she threw a full-on fit/tantrum for almost an hour because we wouldn't let her watch a TV program that she wanted. But then today she put on her own socks and shoes all by herself. She's been putting on her own clothes for a couple of months now, but shoes and socks are hard work. She did great! She's also been singing whole songs and reciting nursery rhymes all by herself- "Polly put the kettle on, kettle on..." And then the Yang- when I went to drop her off at school, she wouldn't let me go and started to cry and said "my tummy hurts!" (-her famous words for getting out of Time Out, and getting sympathy.) I left and of coarse spyied on her. After 3 minutes, she puts on a smile and plays with the rest ofthe class. (Little faker:) She's also become pretty crafty with her lies. The other night she told me that she had finished her supper and was now going to eat a lollipop (I've been letting them have one piece of Halloween candy after they finish all their supper.) I go to check on her plate and can't find it. I look on the table, in the sink, under the table, finally I open the trash can, and realize she has hidden her lie- a full plate of spaghetti. Ahhh, Bella. (With this phase of Bella's life, I've learned you take the good with the bad and try to survive with a smile on your face.)

2 comments:

Mother of three said...

my kids haven't come up with that yet....they just feed the dog...not really, they just outright lie and the food is still sitting on the table....

amtracy05 said...

awww...I wanted to see her have to eat it from the trash. You are such a good Mommy!

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow