Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A Very Good Day


The sun was out today and it was in the 60s! This is great weather. Victoria, Bella, and I goofed around in our PJs until mid morning, then went to the library to check out some books and attend their Story time- "Not So Very Scary Monsters." Afterward I read them their books and put Bella down for a nap, while I worked with Victoria some. I showed her how to sound out a couple of sight words and she got it! She even read me one of her library books that had about 10 repeated words in it with some help from me (words like peep, quack, bye, duck pond, and mew.) When Daddy came home she read him the same book, this time without any help. What I was most impressed about was that she actually sounded out the word "stay". I'm very proud of Victoria. At bedtime I let the girls stay up some because they were so good today. After a couple of minutes, I began to wonder- why is it so quite? What are the girls doing? I walk into their bedroom and they're both sitting quietly reading.

Funny Bella story- after supper, Jer and I were in the computer room talking. Victoria comes running in and jumps under my legs.
Me- what are you doing?
V- hiding!
Me- from who?
V- Bella!
Me- why?
V- she's coming to cut my panties off!
Me- what!? Bella, no cutting your sisters panties! (With hand over my mouth, trying hard not to laugh- I never thought I'd hear myself say that.)

I go out in the kitchen to see Bella with scissors in hand standing next to my plant with 10-15 leaves at her feet. Needless to say I took the scissors. The plant and Victoria are doing fine now.

No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow