Sunday, July 6, 2008

4th of July

What fun we had! We went over to Jerry and Barb's lakehouse for the weekend. It was a family get together- Josh, Renae, Caleb, Chloe, Keira, Carol, Dick, Dave, Denise, Quinn, Tessa, Sally, Barb, Jerry, our family, and Jerry's neat neighbors- Paul and Yvonne. The only upseting part was when I discovered that we didn't bring our suitcase that I spent 3 hours packing! Walmart got some business that day. We took the girls down to the dock and rode on a giant inner tube that held three adults and three kids (Josh, Renae, me, Chloe, Victoria, Bella) while Dave and Caleb dragged it behind them on the jetski. FUN! We went swimming in the lake- Bella jumped to me, Victoria didn't like it as much. Caleb and Chloe jumped from a high diving board to us. Then, I was introduced to the world of the jetski- Josh taught me how to ride. I got my first taste of adrenaline. Wow! I wanted more! I was speeding as fast as it would go and turning sharp so that I was whipping in the water under a bubble of water. I was jumping wakes left by other boats and going ultra fast. So much FUN! However, I don't think I was as daring as my James Bond cousin Dave and the Dare Devil herself Quinn, but there's always next year. We ate a grand meal of shredded brisquet in BBQ sauce on buns, BBQ beans, a brocolli and cauliflower salad, mixed fruit, and the desserts- 4th of July cupcakes and Renae's chocolate and peanut butter cookies. It was good. My contribution of chips and crackers/spreads weren't as thrilling. Note to self- find a good side dish for next years outing. When it got dark, we lined up chairs on the walkway to the dock and sat in disbelief at the beautiful firework display that Jerry, Paul, and Dave shoot off from the dock. I, however, was getting eaten alive by mesquitos (they love me even though I slathered myself in Off) and Victoria was getting tired after half an hour, so we went in and took a shower and fell directly asleep. The next day, we went for a boat ride (Paul was captain) while Quinn and Dave took turns jumping the jetski on the boat's wake. Jer and I took both Victoria and Bella out on the jetski. Victoria loved the speed and laughed so hard. Bella was frightened slightly by the motor sound- she's afraid of our lawnmower. Bella actually fell asleep while I was giving her a ride though- too much fun mixed with not enough sleep equals naptime. We drove home after supper (yummy leftovers) and crashed as soon as we hit the bed. Proof we had a great time- Jer has a sun burn and I have misquito bites. We found our suitcase blocking our bedroom door when we got home and had to chuckle.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Sounds like you guys had a blast! We had a lake weekend too. Let's get together soon...

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow