Thursday, May 22, 2008

Oh, the places we get stuck!

During naptime, I put Bella and Victoria down and came out to the computer to play around. I heard Bella being whiney and not wanting to go down. After 10 minutes I hear her again, this time with more empasis on the whine. I decide to go check on her. She is standing up in her bed with her arms out for me. I go to pick her up and realize she won't budge. She looks up at me and says "stuck!" Her leg/inner thigh had gotten wedged between the rails. I tried to pull it/push it out- no luck. I tried seperating the bars- no luck. I went to the fridge and grabbed butter and smeared it on the rails and her legs- presto- baby freedom. This reminds me of a story my mom use to tell- when I was two, I was weaving in and out of the outside railing leading up to the second floor at our apartment building and I got my head stuck between the bars. My parents didn't know what to do, so they called the fire department. A fire engine (highlight of my life at the time) came, and the men sawed the bars in half- presto- baby freedom. Must run in the family.

By the way, Bella used her little potty last night for the first time before her bath. This morning, she was dry after sleep, so I put her on the potty and she went agian.

1 comment:

patti said...

i love bella...she is so amazing! :)

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow