Sunday, June 20, 2010

Lake Travis

The Lunn family ventured to Austin this past weekend for a wonderful time with our dear friends and tons of time in the sun of Lake Travis.On the first day there, we did a quick canoe trip, then headed out on a double decker boat that had a slide on it. I am the proud parent of a water baby. Her name is Bella. She really amazed me; she was one of the first people waiting in line to ride the slide. She went numerous times and loved it. She spent the entire time that the ship was docked swimming in the water. There was also a ledge that you could jump off on the top deck. Jer and I both took the plunge:)



On the second day, we rented jet-skis and did some more canoeing. Once again, Bella loves the water and loved to jump too.


Victoria was not as enamoured with the lake water. She was a little scared that there were sharks and snapping turtles in it. She liked the pool water, but I was able to persuade her to go jet-skiing with me. After that, she did much better on the lake.

She even enjoyed taking a canoe ride with Daddy (and dangling her feet in the water.)
Later she braved up and went for a swim- in the lake!

Ahhhhh! Relaxation!

Victoria's funny story- I decided to take Victoria off by myself to swim with her. As were swimming I ask her, "So what's your favorite part of vacation?" Her response- "Playing with Sandy, my new sister." My response- "Hugh? Who's Sandy?" She holds up the 6 foot long pink swim noodle (you can see it in the background of this picture.)

Bella's funny story- My friend Chris was having a conversation with Bella. She told her, among many other cute things- "Do you know what a knuckle sandwich is? It's when someone slugs you!" Luckily, Bella didn't demonstate:)

My amazing, beautiful friend Chris!

Lake Travis

One of my favorite parts of vacation is actually the long drive home and all that time to think. I start to miss my house and the routine of my life. I start planning goals for myself and for the next week/summer(whether they get done or not.) A good vacation makes me love my life, and I had an spectacular one. Thank you my friends and family for such great memories!


No comments:

Build A Bear

Lake Ray Roberts

Memorial Weekend 2009

Brothers Visit

Christmas '08

PA Vacation Slideshow